A lot of people have start to make their own frozen meals at home lately. They may be inspire by the creativity of some online forum, or they may just like to have control over what they’re eating and how they’re eating it.Either way, creating custom frozen food boxes can be a lot of fun, but there are some things that you need to keep in mind as you develop your packaging strategy.
Custom frozen food packaging is typical about three times the price of standard food boxes, but it’s important to know how to justify that investment if you want to bring in the big buck with your business idea. In addition, this type of food packaging also comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours- make it perfect for any brand!
Think about going green
For making your custom frozen food packaging up to the mark, consider its sustainability your planet? With a growing population and shrinking resources, the planet needs more sustainable packaging solutions.Though custom frozen food boxes are not eco-friendly due to use of plastic material to keep the products safe from the heat and hazardous environmental effects in the freezer. Though, nowadays, many companies are using bioplastics that are biodegradable. They make custom boxes eco-friendly that don’t pollute the environment.
Understand what affects your custom frozen food packaging
Custom frozen food packaging is subject to a number of factors that can affect the outcome of your products. Consider these when developing your custom frozen food boxes,
· Type of product you are trying to package
· Size and shape of the product
· Weight, size, and shape of the packaging container
· The type and thickness of the plastic being use for the packaging.
Check out best practices for storing foods with plastic containers
When it comes to the storage of your frozen food, the type of container you choose can make a big difference.Here are some best practices for storing food with plastic containers and making it up to the snuff
1) Choose a container that is deep enough and wide enough for the product you are freezing.
2) Use an airtight seal on your container; this will also help keep odors from escaping and freshen your food.
3) Freeze foods in a single layer so they freeze quicker and store more efficiently.
4) Stack foods in an alternating pattern so they don’t stick together when removed from the freezer. 5) Label your plastic container with what’s inside, include date items that were frozen (very helpful when looking for something quick).
6) Keep meats separate from vegetables as well as any other types of raw products so they don’t cross-contaminate.
7) Never refreeze thawed or partially-thawed food.
8) If using a large ice cream bucket or similar type container, fill the space around your item with crumpled newspaper or crinkled aluminum foil before putting on the lid to increase insulation and decrease loss of cold air while protecting edges where leaks may occur.
9) Always let your frozen food thaw at room temperature before placing it into refrigeration.
Think long term instead of short term
Custom frozen food packaging is an important part of the product development process. The quality and success of your packaging will dictate how well you are able to market and sell your goods.However, it’s not just about what the customer sees at first glance, but also the long-term effects that come from using a certain package.It includes how easy it is for them to open or reuse their product, as well as how well it preserves or protects its contents. You want your customers to be satisfy with their purchase for years down the line!
Make sure you are working with experts in their fields
If you’re looking for frozen food packaging, it’s worth finding a company that specializes in such. There are different kinds of food packaging, and not all frozen food is package the same way. A good place to start is by researching what your options are and what they mean.You may also want to talk with a professional who can give you advice on making the best decision for your particular product.It’s important that whatever you decide on is right for your product, since it can make or break whether or not customers will buy it.
Custom luxury boxes are a great way to get your product notice and help it stand out from the crow.But before you invest in custom packaging, it’s important that you’ve done your homework and have a clear idea of what kind of custom frozen food boxes will best represent your product.